11.12.12

Review: Body Butter

The Body Shop's Ginger Sparkle body butter was a bit of a surprise. For cute packaging with a picture of a gingerbread man, I expected it to smell like gingerbread. Instead it smells like ginger beer. Kind of a fizzy scent, but I like it! The packaging screams Christmas and after I finish using the body butter, the case would be cute as a storage container.

The colour is like a bubble gum pink, and almost feels like the consistency of hair product. When rubbed into my skin (my arms were the test subject), it softened and moisturised.

I did this while getting ready for work and forgot about it until I was under some downlights. There is the faintest shimmer, but not chunks of glitter. Just looks like a pretty glow on my skin and now it has settled into my skin it smells like gingerbread men. It smells nice, but it's subtle, which is good, as I don't like to draw attention to myself with overpowering scents. I am currently wearing Taylor Swift's 'Wonderstruck' over the top and the layering of scents has worked well in this case.

I bought the body butter off eBay, as The Body Shop Australia is ridiculously expensive. The Body Shop USA is more reasonably priced, however shipping to Australia is ridiculously expensive. I think wearing this over my regular moisturiser Nivea Soft is a better option for going out and the summer weather, as it's not as greasy as the Nivea.



You can buy me here!

2 comments:

  1. Haha have to say I'm mildly disappointed it's not gingerbread because I LOVE gingerbread but hey I'll deal with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells like gingerbread once it melts into the skin ;)

      Delete