10.6.12

Clarisonic Mia 2

After reading how my favourite bloggers (and the Internet in general) were falling in love with the Clarisonic Mia, I thought, wow my skin isn't in the best shape. I do have a Clinique 3 step, and love it. I have considered peels or microdermabrasion, but with sensitive skin, I don't want to chanve inflammation and red, raw angry skin.

So, off I went, researching prices (and colours!!). Started off with the usual Aussie sites. Til I realised I would pay $149 no matter where I shopped. One department store offered the colour I wanted, but I don't appreciate feeling pressured into buying something at only one retailer.

Then I googled it. OMG! 10 colours to choose from, including 1 in animal print? So instead of a choice of 3, the internet is spoiling me! And it was US$119... Wait a minute. That's cheaper than here. You know why? The Clarisonic Mia 2 has just been released for US$149.

So, I visited an Australian department store, to which I had some gift vouchers. I went to one of their bigger stores. And there was nothing. How disappointing? Why would I then buy it on their online store and pay $10 for postage. I sat on it a bit longer, until this morning. I found a site in the US, which gave me $20, then $20 for shipping. This will now cost me $139 for the Clarisonic Mia 2 in Island Coral (yay!) with postage to Australia. I am so stoked! Now that I've ordered on a Sunday, I have to wait for it, but I am happy to do so, for a bargain! Will post more when I receive it!!!

Now if only I could get this excited over dieting...

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I was just wondering where you bought your mia2 from? I've searched online a lot and most places seem to come to a price of $160+ or dont ship to australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    I bought my Mia2 from http://www.drlindirect.com/ - they had a sale for 20% off, and it ended up costing me $149 for the Mia2 plus shipping. And this is around the same time the Mia (original) was $149 at Myers and DJ's.

    Hope this helps,

    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Eleni!
    Have you had any problems with the functioning of the mia? Is it still charging and running properly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's running perfectly! All I had to do was buy an international adaptor plug (USA to AUS) and it was good to go. It's international voltage, so that means it works here with no problems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, thank you so much Eleni! You have been a great help!
    Good luck with your wedding planning and I hope it will be an amazing day for you! <3

    ReplyDelete